Sunday, November 2, 2014

Blog Resumed!


Good times back home with a brief pitstop on the way to the US. Started with a mad dash at the Ceiriog Canter near Llangollen, apparently I won a nice bottle of Merlot for 1st V60 (I'll know for sure if I finally claim it from you Duncan!) We then joined the Denbigh Harriers crew a week later at the British fellrunning relays at Kirby Lonsdale. I managed to wangle first leg (get it over and done with) and watched the rest of the team come in on a blustery but dryish day. We'd all had a great night out in Warton on the Saturday night, half the team had raced that afternoon at the Llandudno XC, so we have to be pleased with yet another fine performance by our small town club up against the big guns of UK fellrunning.


And that's just the price of the breakfast!

This weekend was the big family wedding in Guildford - lots of news about this on other family facebooking bits and pieces so just to say that it was a wonderful event and our Annie has never looked so happy. The day started with a slight hiccup for me as I decided to get the day going in style with the Guildford Parkrun at 9 am. I set my mobile phone alarm and got up bright and early to set off down to the park, about a mile or so from our B & B. Arrived there to find nobody around and to find I was an hour early! I hadn't reset my phone from last week!! So I was well warmed up by the time it eventually started and in the end had a really good gallop. Today involved a train up to London and readying for a business meeting on Monday. Staying at a hotel in Islington, we thought we'd get an early night by having a pint and some grub at a pub round the corner. The name sounded familiar - I suspect the value of this very pleasant freehold property is now somewhat more than £100. The beef roast and Mexican burger filled us up nicely but we also managed some excellent ale from the Liverpool Organic Brewery, Thornbridge Brewery and the Wicked Weed Brewery. The latter is based in Asheville North Carolina where we hope to be in a few weeks time! We'll keep you posted.









Thought I'd add a photo of some birdboxes we saw this morning at Duncan Terrace Gardens in Islington. We then took a stroll up to Regent's Canal which is an oasis of peace and quiet in the middle of this nosy city.

No comments:

Post a Comment