Thursday, April 9, 2015

Luck of the Irish

Just going down to the shops!
This was a fairly low key 5K road race round the streets of Auckland. We entered the race at O'Hagan's Irish bar by the waterfront and lined up on the road. There didn't seem to be any markers or marshalls but I followed the guys in front and did my best to avoid getting run over at the (unmarshalled) road junctions. they all seemed to be swift young  locals and the winner was 15 minutes something so over 4minutes behind, I wasn't doing too badly. The guy in red just to the left of me got me at the end  - turned out he was a headmaster from Cornwall over for a wedding.


 And here's the beach at Orewa - goes on for quite a way but this is a rainy Autumn day and there weren't too many Kiwi beach babies around. And it was Monday morning!
Beach baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment