Thursday, May 4, 2017

Keeping those running legs up to scratch!

Warming up nicely for the World Masters Games with a second placing in the Porirua Parkrun, north of Wellington. Was feeling oh so fit - but what was that little pull behind my left knee? Here's me thinking 'Invincible Martin' again! I'm lucky in that I rarely get injured but the problem that arises is that when I do, once in a blue moon, I try to ignore it.


And here are more intrepid runners at Porirua - it was worth getting up early for wasn't it!

Easy peasy! 
Never mind the peas!

And so onto Auckland, limping and feeling rather incapacitated. The first event, the half marathon, loomed, we took the inner city train service down to the harbour the night before to register, steered well clear of the pubs (although the Good George Brewery had laid on a very tasty 2.5% pale ale specially for the Masters) and got an early night.

Watch closely for the next instalment. 😀😀😀😀😀


No comments:

Post a Comment