Monday, December 18, 2017

Hyde Park


Easy does it!
A chilly parkrun this weekend - Vicky decided not to risk it and watched from a safe distance. A slow one for me at 23:40 but then I did take it steady. This was a most enjoyable little gallop with around half the course on a trail through a leafy dell - having said that, at this time of year most of the leaves are underfoot. I'm not a fan of multi lap courses (especially like the recent Bangor XC where I set off on a fourth lap to be shouted back) but here I managed to keep count of the three laps - this was Hyde Park, not in London but in Hyde on the eastern side of Manchester. We should have started by the bandstand but it was too icy there. I'll give it another go sometime (in the summer - maybe there'll be a band on the bandstand!)



Saw most of this park!
Here's the Strava plot - good use of the paths in a small park I thought! Just 60 runners on Saturday but their record attendance is over 300 - that would, I imagine, be a little bit congested.

This is a Strava map recorded by a friend of ours in Australia - was she trying to chase a dog? What other possible explanation could there be? Had a kangaroo picked up her watch? Well I had to know so I messaged her and found out that she was picking up sticks before mowing the lawn (big lawn!) Only when that was done did she go on her proper run.

Missed a stick!





No comments:

Post a Comment