Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Back Running in Wales

Last night I thought I'd try to get back towards some degree of racing fitness with a quick four to five mile gallop up the first section of the Foel Fras race. This was the Aber Dash at the Aber Falls, Abergwyngregan, part of Mike Blake's Tuesday night race series. Not really a fell race as such as there was lots of road and track but it was a testing course all the same! Great turnout of competitors from far and wide and I managed to win an Easter Egg for being first over 60 in a time of 42.37. Bit cooler than Cyprus but perfect conditions for running - the only downside was that I ran through a knee high forest of gorse on the way down and I'll be picking out bits of gorse out of my legs for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment