Saturday, April 2, 2016

Nambour Parkrun

Nambour Parkrun! This was billed as the toughest Parkrun in Australia but it didn't seem to bother Vicky. She cruised home - this is a photo from near to the finish - it was hot (26 degrees), humid, there was no wind and there seemed to be more up than down. Still it was a pleasure to be running off road through the bush and rain forest even if the ground beneath our feet was as hard as concrete.





Hoping that my off road experience would be an advantage didn't help. I started well and was in third place before the final climb but I ran out of steam and finished in fifth dripping wet with sweat and thoroughly whacked/bushed/cream crackered. Six minutes slower than last week but apparently this is par for the course - at least I pulled 3 minutes from the V60 record.




A small light ale is called for I think!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! The run, the weather and the beer!!! The weather back home on the whole has been dreadful, I have come to the conclusion that this is a country to escape from over the winter months, it just doesn't inspire me to get out and run. I have had enough (post like yours don't help!), flying south tomorrow for cragging, cycling and mountain running escapism.

    ReplyDelete