Sunday, June 12, 2016

And meanwhile back in the UK


So here we are at the fastest 5K in the North West! The Christleton 5K in a sleepy village just outside Chester has been famous as a 'fast course' - loads of runners have claimed their personal best times on this fast two lap course round the lanes and through the village. And each year the race is over subscribed weeks in advance with top athletes coming from all over the country to pit themselves on this wonderful course. Until about a month ago when it was found that instead of being 5K the course was remeasured and found to be just over 4.8K! Whoops! And so the waiting list of folk who thought they might get a last minute place (and that included me!) suddenly disappeared and I found myself with a magic number. Having achieved my fastest ever time a number of years ago I now had to be content with the modest time of 20.27. There we are then!


Isn't this far enough?


And what a lovely Parkrun to follow up with the next morning - Erddig Hall is on the outskirts of Wrexham, not too far away, and a Parkrun has just been instituted there - Skip and I can highly recommend it. My first run with a Caicross harness so I'm not too unhappy with a 24 minute run.


This is a bit upmarket for Alf Tupper.

No comments:

Post a Comment