Thursday, September 29, 2016

Macc Half




Me towards the end of the Macclesfield Half Marathon

I was going well despite the undulations and the downpours - 1.35.23 for this one! I'd never done the race in it's dozen or so years in existence but I helped to run the finishing line at the very first event and I'd promised myself I'd come back to do it at some point - job done!

And me at the finish of the Saddleworth Edges Race
Spot the difference? Yes - dirty legs I'd been up on the tops in a bog. And maybe looking more exhausted. But what about having the same number for both races! There's a coincidence - mind you the famous Fishwicker himself, who is rapidly catching up to me interns of races completed, had this to say about his race at Saddleworth last year: "My 
time today, 1.07.34, is exactly the same as last years. What are the odds of doing this in a 8 mile fell race in claggy conditions?" I think the route change this year added something - I was 1.28.25!

No comments:

Post a Comment