Monday, April 2, 2018

2 x 5K

Gosh Martin looks keen!
A frantic last week of running in March - two 5K races in four days! I competed in the low key Denbighshire 5K and finished in 3rd overall (21:57) - there's me on the left of the picture with the yellow gloves. John M on the right (orange vest) is looking worried on his return to racing after a year out - no need to worry as he won the race with comfort. And just four days later I ran in the very competitive Wirral Seaside run from the Leasowe lighthouse - although I was 49th I still managed to come in sub 20 in my best 5K time for years (19:41).


Here's a snap of the Leasowe lighthouse on a fine day - race entries are taken in the lighthouse (on the ground floor!) and we start somewhere near the point where this picture was taken - we turn right and right again to run along the promenade to the finish - it's a nice warm down jog back to the start (unless it's a cold windy day as it was last Wednesday. I did however carry a lightweight windproof top which helped.)



Weather is pretty dreadful for this time of year with lots of rain, snow and cancelled races but all will change in April hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment