Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Nancy!

Thought I'd start with my cartoon of the week! This is one of her best - Nancy cartoons were drawn by a fellow called Ernie Bushmiller who had a laconic sense of humour (well he was American!) Not sure where the cartoons appeared but I remember seeing a lot of them many years ago.

We'll go at a snail's pace!
In Australia when people tell you they're 'moving house' it's often because they are moving their house! We've heard a right old racket for the last couple of days at the back of where we're staying in Brisbane. Last night a flyer appeared through the letter box explaining that our neighbours are 'moving house' - sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't spot that they'd said it would happen at midnight! I looked over the garden fence this morning and the house has wheels on it. Not sure I'll be up at midnight tomorrow to watch but we'll most likely hear something. I guess the roads will be quiet at that time.







1 comment: